Monday, April 19, 2010

Finally...I can show you a project!!

I have been so wonderfully busy and have so many things to show you. When I make invitations for someone I usually wait until after the event to post photos and talk about it. So far this spring I've had ton's of parties and weddings that I've done stuff for and it's been killing me that I haven't been able to share.

This past weekend was the surprise baby shower for one of my repeat customer's sister in law.

This customer usually knows what she wants and has several different photos to share with me of ideas. I try to put an element from each of the designs she likes into the final piece.

This time the theme was butterflies and the colors were peach and orange (but I used a tangerine).

We went through a few rounds of edits (which I do for free!) and finally narrowed the invitation design pool down to the following two:










In the last design I was able to get the butterfly antenna into the final design (they do look kind of funny in these pictures without their antennae) Oh and we also changed the had to has in the wording - I though had sounded weird! 

The last design was the design my customer picked in the end. 

This was such a wonderful spring baby shower design and I truly enjoyed making them!!

The butterfly graphic was done by a wonderful artist on Etsy whom you should all check out:

And hey, if you need baby shower invitations and like the above, I'd be happy to make some for you!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...